Tuesday 2 February 2021

The Spot Challenge #148 - Colour Challenge - Night of Navy, Petal Pink and Soft Seafoam



Welcome to The Spot Challenge #148, this week we have a colour challenge.
Night of Navy, Petal Pink and Soft Seafoam...
We would LOVE for you to join us in creating a card with these colours,
Please enter your card on this link

Such a Beautiful combination of light and dark shades...
This card was created for my Husband's Mother who turns 80 yesterday.
Barry chose which stamp and dies - Quite Curvy Bundle as well the very Beautiful
Fine Art Floral Bundle and Fine Art Floral DSP...
Also Barry requested that I have the 3 different birds on the front of the card with the words,he showed me which design elements he wanted for the card and I went to town.

I started with a Soft Seafoam card base, cut through the entire front of the card
and then built the card from there with the Quite Curvy dies.
These dies can be quite tricky, BUT once you know which way has the cutting side you will be right.
  You won't be able to see the curvy design in there 2 photos BUT once I show you the front of the card you will understand what I mean by making sure you the have the right cutting edge.


 https://studioshabazcreativeme68.blogspot.com/2021/02/the-spot-challenge-148-colour-challenge.html

 

So once the curvy outline was cut I added a layer of Night of Navy cardstock behind the curve
BUT on top of the top and bottom curved cuts and stuck this to the Soft Seafoam base card.
NEXT I added the Petal Pink layer that I cut with the Quite Curvy dies.

I stamped the sentiment on the front of the card and added said 3 birds.
I felt like the card needed something up the top so I added the DSP panel
cut once again with the quite Curvy dies.

To match the DSP I also used the gold acetate sheets to add another element to the design.
I stamped the flower with Petal Pink on Petal Pink cardstock.






Thanks for joining me tonight, I will be back tomorrow with all the links.
Been a hectic couple of days, driving all over the countryside.
Cheers Shaz




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.