Tuesday 7 July 2020

The Spot #118 Create Your Own DSP


https://www.thespotcreativechallenge.com/2020/07/challenge-118.html
Welcome to The Spot for Inspiration and Weekly Cardmaking Challenges
Every Tuesday we have a completely new challenge for you.

I was asked to join The Spot Design Team last week, by Rick Adkins.
What an honour and shock.  I said OMG!! Really...Wow!!! I am blown away.
I said YES immediately, hoping not to sound too desperate LOL.

All the Design Team Members are Stampin' Up! Demos from around the globe,
I'm an Aussie, living in GOGANGO - Central Queensland.
I do LOVE a good challenge, so like every week we have a new challenge for you.

Cannot wait to see what you come up with.

http://www.thespotcreativechallenge.com/2020/07/challenge-118.html


The Stamp Bundle that I chose is Forever Fern, the images are DistINKtive.
DistINKtive Stamps have a realistic look, you can almost see the texture on the image.

So you can see by the graphic
this week it is Create your own DSP,
this is just so much fun <3
This stamp is perfect for that...

Forever Fern Stamp






Forever Fern Bundle has dies to cut out your stamped images



You can add ink to them in a couple of different ways
Just ink the surface lightly for a perfect realistic finish.
Or you can lay your colour on your stamp with a dauber, with 2 different colours.
You could also colour your images in with your favourite colouring tool
such as Watercolour Pencils or Blends.


I chose to use the Classic Stampin' Pad in 3 different colours
Highland Heather, Pretty Peacock and Just Jade

Such a pretty combination. Don't you agree!!!


Firstly I punched out a piece of 2 inch grid paper to create a mask,
to cover the middle where I was going to stamp the sentiment.
BUT in the end I didn't really use the mask as I covered the middle with 2 circles anyways.
I stamped the the round wattle kinda blooms in Highland Heather around the circle.





Next I stamped the largest leaf stamp with Pretty Peacock all around my card base
rotating the stamp all the time so the images where going different directions.



Remembering to leave space for the smallest leaf stamp that I wanted to add.
The smallest leaf stamp actually has 2 stamps in the set
so that you can stamp the them opposites.
How cool is that, also the dies have the L & R versions of them too.
I stamped the smallest leaf stamp with Just Jade stamped off,
so 2nd generation stamping... If you don't know how to do this.
Grab a piece of grid paper or photocopy paper and ink the stamp
into your Just Jade then stamp off to take a layer of ink off the stamp
then stamp it onto your card or project...
 



I continued doing this all over my card remembering to rotate the stamp.
Then I stamped the leaf in Just Jade and stamped a few full strength Just Jade
leaf stamps on my background.

I also added some Highland Heather 2nd generation
stamped spots all over the background.

Once I had finished stamping everything I ran my DSP Cardstock through
the embossing machine and the Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder.
Just to add slightly more texture to my background.


This is what it looks like once it was embossed, you can't really see the texture.

Next I stamped and die cut 3 wattle kinda blooms and
punched a  2" Whisper White circle and a 2 1/4" Highland Heather circle.
I stamped a sentiment on the Whisper White piece and then
pieced the wattle blooms and the circles together.
Using dimensionals to add height and interest.

Now I am a bit of a scourge when it comes to cardstock,
I always die cut away between the layers and save them for other projects.




Loving this bundle of products, pretty happy with my card.
So happy that I actually created another almost exactly the same
except this time I embossed the Sentiment circle as well





I still cannot believe that I was asked to be part of The Spot design team.
It's something that I thought would be pretty cool and to be on a team, any team.
But there are so many AMAZING Stampin' Up! Demonstrators
in this group from all over the world it is TOTALLY AWESOME...
AND 3 are Aussies...
Congratulations to Teneale Williams, Simone Bartrum and myself....

I would LOVE for you to join us weekly and create some cards/project or Scrapbooking.
Please join us and create your own DSP and be sure to link up
here


Until next week, Keep on creating and sharing your creations.

Please leave me some lovin' in the comment box below.
Cheers Shaz

2 comments:

  1. HUGE congratulations to you for being chosen to be on The Spot Design Team, Sharon! I am so proud of you!! I love your first project about making your own dsp! Wow! Just wow!
    Congratulations once again and I cannot wait to see what you create next!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Susan <3 You are always in my corner <3 I LOVE that you are my guiding light when I need some reassurance <3 YES I Loved making this card...
      Cheers Shaz

      Delete

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.