Tuesday 20 October 2020

The Spot #133 - Colour Challenge



Welcome to The Spot Challenge #133 - Colour Challenge
Pretty Peacock, Rich Razzleberry and Pumpkin Pie.
Please follow the Blog Post with all of my fellow designers for The Spot
and create your very own card and join in the fun <3



I created a CASE of a card that is in the Annual Catalogue on pg 85
Using the same set BUT just adjusting to suite this colour theme.

I used the Free As A Bird Stamp Set to stamp the image on Whisper White Cardstock
and then coloured with Watercolour Pencils - Pumpkin Pie,
Rich Razzleberry and Granny Apple Green from Water Colour Pencils Assortment 2.
I used the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch to cut out the first bird.

I continued the bird's sitting on the branch just on Vellum Cardstock
to tone down the brightness of the Rich Razzleberry Cardstock
that I cut with the Stitched Nested Label Dies.
I adhered this with glue dots underneath the flowers so that they were a little feature.
Added the Bird Stamped image over the top of this.

Next I added some Craft White Ink to the Pumpkin Pie Cardstock,
using a Dauber with the Spot Mask from Basic Pattern Decorative Masks
to tone down the vibrant colour of the Pumpkin Pie.

On a piece of Pretty Peacock Cardstock I randomly stamped the leaves
from Free As A Bird Stamp Set then used the Postage Stamp Punch
and punched out 3 for the top and bottom of my card.
Keeping them in the correct order to adhere to my card front.

So my Card base is Pretty Peacock so I added my Postage Stamped Leaves
to the front of the card top and bottom. Next I added some White ribbon
from Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack.
Then I added my Spotty Pumpkin Pie layer over the White Ribbon
using Stampin' Dimensionals to give it some dimension .
Next was the Rich Razzleberry Stitched Nested Label Die with the Stamped Vellum layer.
Then I added my Whisper White Stamped and Watercoloured Bird to the edge
of that layer popping it up on Stampin' Dimensionals to highlight this feature.
Lastly I added the Linen Thread to the card.


I hope that you enjoyed my card for this challenge,
If you want to take part in the challenge too please create a card
with these colours and upload it to this LINK
Looking forward to seeing all the entries this week.
Until next week, Have fun CREATING...
Cheers Shaz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.