Thursday 21 April 2022

Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! April 21 - Blog Hop - Vellum

 Sneak Peak


 

 


Welcome to Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! Blog Hop for the month of April.
This month we are featuring Vellum as the theme of the Hop.
Sharni Haines has chosen our theme and I am sure that she will come up with a use
of Vellum that we have not even thought of...
Sharni is one of the Creative Design Team Member who lives in Adelaide, Australia.

We have Demonstrators through-out the world who take part in our hops every month.
There are 10 of us showcasing how we used Vellum in our Scrapbook layouts.
If you would LOVE to join us, here is the link for the FB group and all the info for Hops
are added around the 3rd day of the month. We hop the 3rd Thurs of the month.

You may have joined me from Rae Jean's Blog or you are starting the Hop with me

 


As soon as this theme was announced I knew that I wanted to create
Vellum flowers using the retiring 2021-2023 In Color Shimmer Vellum.
As well as Flowers of Friendship Bundle which includes the stamp and punch.



To create the punched flower blooms (I created over 60 blooms)
I had so much FUN creating all the flowers for my layout with
White Embossing powder and the Shimmer Vellum...
This product is so easy to use, Stamp the flowers in VersaMark and then add
White Embossing Powder, shake off the excess and heat with Heat Gun.
I only used 3 of the colours to create my flowers,
Fresh Freesia, Pale Papaya and Polished Pink.
I created over 50 blooms for this layout...which I punched using the co-ordinating
Flowers and Leaves punch which has carried over into the 2022-2023 Annual Catty.


There is not much really to this layout, lots of strips of papers to create the panel.
Very little stamping on the actual layout, as I let the stamped flowers shine.
The base page is from the HOSTESS set - Pattern Party DSP
The Calypso Coral DSP is from Artfully Composed DSP, 2 strips 12" x 3/4",
which I cut up some of the Square Vellum Doilies and added as an accent.
Pale Papaya layer is from Artfully Composed DSP 12"x 3 1/2",
which I stamped the
border stamp from Flowers of Friendship with Calypso Coral ink.
Black & White spots is from Pattern Party DSP 12" x 1/2"
(die-cut with a BRAND NEW product from 2022-2023 Catty-Blossoming Happiness Dies)
Polished Pink Shimmer Vellum 12" x 1"
Fresh Freesia Cardstock 4 1/2" x 3/4"


I also added a card base from Abstract Beauty Card & Envelopes to create a pocket
for some hidden journalling or an extra photo.
I used
6" x 6" DSP from the  2021-2023 In-color for my insert in the pocket.
AND I created a folding photo mat for extra photos inside too.
For this I used something that I had in my stash BUT the measurements are as follows
Fresh Freesia photo mat 5 3/4" x 4 1/2"
Polished Pink photo mat 4" x 4"
then the under mat with the hinge was a leftover bit in my stash is 5 3/4" x 4"
with
2021-2023 In-color DSP which you can add extra photos 


I used the TAB products from the Abstract Beauty Ephemera Pack to add
to my hidden journalling pieces and also the HEART



Once the panel was in the right place I added 2 different sized punched flowers
in a cluster of double and single blooms in 2 different positions on the layout.
Then I punched lots of large and small leaves out of the Evening Evergreen Shimmer Vellum
and added them throughout the flowers, then
Gold Vellum printed leaves.
I just kept adding flowers and leaves until I thought it was full enough.
Then I finished off the centres of the flowers with the Gold Gilded Gems



The Title of the page is Love You More Than Cookies...Is from Love You More Than Dies.
I think I will use photos of my 2 regular lil stars my cousin's 2 daughters.
Sorry my printer has run out of ink so I will post the
photos here of what I will put on my layout when I print them in town today.





Up NEXT is Julia Quinn 

 


 Thank you for joining us on this HOP, please remember to follow the link above to the
NEXT Blog Hop participants and the rest of the ladies who have created AMAZING
creations with Vellum.
If the link above is broken follow along with the names below...
AND please leave us some LOVE in the form of a comment, we love to hear what you LOVE
about our Scrapbooking inspiration from you <3
Cheers Shaz (aka CreativeMe68)

 


5 comments:

  1. Love the vellum doilies in the paper layered panel!! And the flowers are just GLORIOUS!!!! Totally stunning. love love love love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shimmer vellum too! And what a perfect way to incorporate the doilies! Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look amazing embossed on the shimmer vellum! And I'm definitely casing the idea to use doilies to create a fun border. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colored shimmer vellum is so pretty. Perfect for embossed flowers. I love how you use the ephemera pack to add all the accents. I definitely need to use some of these tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Shaz I love your flower cluster it sets off the whole page.

    ReplyDelete

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.