Thursday 16 February 2023

Scrapbooking Global - Feb 16 - Travel Blog Hop

 


 



Welcome to the Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! February 16, 2023 Blog Hop.
 This months theme is Travel and Sharni Haines is our Creative Design Team Member
who chose this theme. I am so excited to see the Travel Scrapbooking Layouts from
everyone who is participating this month.


Thank you to those of you who come back month after month,
we are Thankful that you keep creating AMAZING layouts for our themes.
If you would LOVE to join the FUN,
simply join Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! FB group
where there is so much inspiration for any theme.
If you don't have a Blog that is OK too, you can still create a layout
and you can simply add them to the Album on the FB page.

My layout is very late, NO EXCUSES just didn't get it finished on time.
Still can't think of a Title, Here is the Sub Title.


I created a Double Layout with Paper products and Memories & More Cards
from both the Annual Catty and our Current Jan - Apr Mini Catty.
We have so many AMAZING products that co-ordinate with other products in our range.

I knew that I wanted to use the wheel tracks/chequer plate
on the DSP
from Ready to Ride 12 x 12
as the main feature.
You see we were traveling half way around Australia to meet our 1st Grand Daughter.
Our trip took us through 4 States in Australia and we travelled over 5,000
klms to get to finally meet her in Margaret River.
We travelled a grand total of over 11,400 klms round trip.

Also using He's The Man 12 x 12 DSP and die-cut elements
and Vellum 12 x 12 Layering Designs.
These all featured throughout the layout and suited our Travel theme PERFECTLY!!!

I used an old sketch page map to create the design of the layout from one of the first
scrapbooking books I ever purchased way back in my early days.
I find that they help me create if I am struggling without a design plan.



As you can see on this LHS layout page I have left room for journalling on
Sahara Sand piece of DSP under that Mint Macaron arrow and
Hope Your Day Is A Grand Adventure are from the
die-cut elements in the He's The Man DSP.

The MON - SUN above the photos comes from our Memories & More Card Pack
Today Is The Day, which I have just cut up and used on the layout.

AND the side panel uses the Map Vellum 12 x 12 Layering Designs,
I will add an appropriate Title here once I have a bit more of a think.

I have included 5 photos in a waterfall feature on this layout,
you can only partially see the photos from this angle of the page.
I wanted to add quite a few photos to this layout,
that mean a lot to me BUT not to the general public.
On the back of the photograph I have a piece of black cardstock
so that you can lift them to see each photo.

I used the Clear Medium Envelopes on pg 137 as protectors for my photographs.


 
On The RHS I have got 1 large photo and 1 small photo.
This for me is about teaching me about perspective,
to focus on the bigger picture and not to focus on the minor setbacks.

You see we had a breakdown on our way across to Western Australia.
Which made me very upset as all I wanted to do was meet Eloise.
So an extra 2 days sitting waiting for the part to arrive to fix our ute
made me appreciate the time that we had together as a couple at our
current location...Penong, South Australia. Which was AMAZING

 Finally we got our Ute fixed and off we set off across The Nullabor,
BUT those photos will be in another Scrapbooking layout.
Here is the almost completed layout, just need some help with the Title.



This lil tab with the chequer plate is a pull out calendar
to remind me of where we were during those 7 days of travel
from Gogango, Queensland to Margaret River, Western Australia.

 


 
I hope that you liked my layout, even though it is not complete.
Just a few more items to be added and it will be finished.

Thank you for joining us on the Travel Blog Hop.

Up next is the talented Courtenay Heuston with her layout.
Please remember to hop along to each persons blog simply
by clicking the NEXT button or following the links below.

Once again, Thanks for HOPPING by and reading our Blog Posts
we really appreciate that you take the time to read them.

Looking forward to next month's theme, until then
stay safe and EXIST IN PHOTOS.
Cheers Shaz




1 comment:

  1. Fantastic layout Sharon! I love all the elements. Especially the photo pockets. Perfect for travel. I love that it kind of makes some of the photos more discreet. The hidden calendar is genius. And the Map is great too. Giving me lots of ideas. I’ll case some for sure. Thanks. x

    ReplyDelete

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.