Thursday 18 April 2024

New At SU Blog Hop - CASE A Member - Jan Musselman

 

 Here's a little teaser/sneak peak into my project



 
Welcome to New at SU Blog Hop and Insta Hop.
April 2024 HOP THEME: CASE a Team Member
We get to CASE (Copy and Share Everywhere) a New at SU Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.

I am CASEing Jan Musselman from IHeartCards2
There are 15 of us hopping this month and we are all CASEing a team member,
check out the list at the bottom of post to follow everyone around the hop.
It's my first month here on the team and what a FUN month to join.

I actually refer to CASEing as Copy and Selectively Edit.
If you are still wondering what CASEing means, it is a FUN way of using the inspiration
from someone else project, colour scheme, technique to create your own project.




Jan's project that I am CASEing is a 3D project that fits a bath bomb
featuring Poetic Expressions DSP, Thoughtful Expressions Dies & the
Lost Lagoon 1/4" Bordered Ribbon which will all retire the end of April.
Some of my favourite products from the Jan- Apr Mini Catalogue.
Jan also used the gorgeous Layered Florals 3D Embossing Folder which
I am very happy to report is carrying over to the NEW Annual Catalogue.
Catalogue Launch date is May 2nd.

My project uses all the same products that Jan used BUT it is NOT a box.
Truth be told I was stressing about CASEing Jan's Bath Bomb Box, I am not a box girl.
I was inspired by the colours of Jan's project and I saw this POP up on my Instagram feed.

What an AMAZING creation by Sonja, I started following her immediately.
So inspiring, so much so that I knew right then and there that I was making
this mini album with Jan's colour and product combination.
I created my own version of the album using Sonja measurements.
I wanted to make this a Mini Album of my Son Jeffrey and Laura's Wedding photos,
it is my Mother's Day present to myself.




Basic White Thick Cardstock 23.5cm x 11.5cm, scored at 11cm and 12.5cm
which was embossed with the Layered Florals 3D Embossing Folder. 
So much texture.



4 x Lost Lagoon Cardstock 21.5cm x 12cm score at 1.5cm and 11cm on the long side
and 1cm on the short side.  Fold and Burnish all score lines. 
Follow the reel for directions to create the pocket.

4 x Lost Lagoon Poetic Expressions DSP 10.5 x 9cm

Follow the Insta reel for directions to add details to the insert

I used  3/8" Pretty Peacock & Gold Metallic Ribbon for my pull tabs.

White Twine for the pocket inserts and the tops of my ribbon pull tabs.

Up until here this is where my album is exactly the same as Sonja's.


So I added a concentina spine in the inside of the album to hold the pockets in.
This was a very trial and error to get the dimensions right...
It is still not perfect BUT at least the pages are not moving now.
To cover the spine I added an extra layer of Basic White Cardstock on both the inside front
& inside back pages embossed with the Layered Florals 3D Embossing Folder.



I added Lost Lagoon Frames to the photographs on the back of the pockets
using the Stylish Shape Dies and plastic card covers to protect them.



On the pocket inserts I added photos to the front and back of them
with
plastic card covers to protect them.



 Jan used the Thoughtful Expressions Dies on the front of her Bath Bomb Box.
So I cut 7cm x 7 cm Lost Lagoon Cardstock square to add my sentiment to.
I chose to do the same sentiment BUT from a different stamp set - Perennial Postage.
I warmed up the heat gun and used Versamark and White Embossing Powder to
create "Happy Mother's Day" then cut 3rd largest Thoughtful Expressions Die cut shape.



To create the Ribbon closures on both the front and back of the album
I used Lost Lagoon Cardstock cut 2 punched shapes with the Decorative Circle Punch.
Then
cut a slit in it to run the 3/8" Pretty Peacock & Gold Metallic Ribbon ribbon
around the album to secure in the middle.
I then added another layer of Lost Lagoon Cardstock cut with 
3rd smallest Thoughtful Expressions Die cut shape,
cut in half add it on front and back over the Decorative Circle Punch.



To jazz up the front and give it the "Shaz 50thousand layers look"
I added some of the the Diecut leaf designs out of the Basic White Cardstock,
Lost Lagoon Cardstock and Lost Lagoon DSP to the front "Happy Mother's Day" shape.



Then I added some Basic White Cardstock flowers diecut from the
NEW Flowers Of Beauty Dies coming out in the NEW Annual Catalogue.
Lastly I added Bling - Iridescent Pastel Gems to the centres of those white diecut flowers.
And a couple in about the same place that Jan had added her Bling.

Lastly I added Antiqued Corners (retired) to the front and back covers of the album.

This project was certainly a Labour of LOVE,
something that I would LOVE to teach in a private class in the future.
I hope Jan LOVES my CASE of her project.
Speaking of 
Jan Musselman she is up next with her CASE.



I want to say a HUGE THANKS to you who visit my blog <3 
I really do appreciate you leaving me some Lovin' in the form of a comment.
 

Being CREATIVE is not a hobby it is a way of life
Cheers Shaz





 

7 comments:

  1. A well deserved Mother's Day gift to yourself! It's delightful to see how Jan's box translated beautifully into such a keepsake with your creative talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how using the same products that Jan used for her box inspired you with Mother's Day memory keepsake for yourself! Definitely a treasure. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is such a beautiful little album! I love how you used the inspiration and completely went out of the box with it! I will have to look a few more times to see all the little details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your album, Shaz! It is so creative and used all of the elements I used in my little box! Thank you for sharing this!💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a lot of work! But it looks like it was so worthwhile because of the lovely album you ended up with!

    ReplyDelete

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.