Tuesday 12 January 2021

The Spot - #145 - Splish, Splash Challenge

 


 

 Welcome to The Spot #145 - Splish, Splash Challenge.
 Please join us in this FUN challenge as it allows you to get all inky
and have free range on your creativeness...

I chose to watercolour and spritz to create my backgrounds for my stamped images

I chose to use Fluid 100 Watercolour paper - 149612 - $15.00

FLUID 100 WATERCOLOR PAPER 
and a variety of 3 Classic Stampin' Pads -
Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin' Pad - 147096 - $13

BERMUDA BAY CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad - 147097 - $13

 COASTAL CABANA CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

 Balmy Blue Classic Stampin' Pad - 147105 - $13

 BALMY BLUE CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD
and
Stampin' spritzer - 126185 - $5

STAMPIN' SPRITZER

Now I was naughty and didn't take progress photos as I was
teaching and sharing this technique with a friend.

When I create watercolour backgrounds I use a piece of acetate.
I swipe the ink colours from lightest to darkest evenly across the piece of acetate
and then I spritz them with lots of water. Once they have lots of water on the ink colours
I simply place my piece of watercolour paper onto my piece of acetate and then turn it over
and smooth out the ink to the side of the paper.  Then I carefully lift the acetate from one side to the other not to make a big inky mess of my background. You will notice if you do not have enough water on your inked acetate that you will have lots of dry bubble spots on your watercolour paper.

Then once I have my watercoloured background I use the heat gun to dry it, this will cause it to curl BUT just keep flipping it over while you are drying it and it will flatten out mostly.

Now I am ready to start stamping...For this card I used the Stamp Set A Touch of Ink
which you can receive for FREE with any purchase of $180 worth of
Stampin' Up! supplies during Sale-a-Bration.
A TOUCH OF INK PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET (ENGLISH)
 

This stamp is Photopolymer set so you can see through it.
It is what we call a 2 step stamping set, which allows you to add a solid image to an outline image.
It gives you that artistic look to a stamped image, without having to paint anything LOL.

I used Just Jade Classic Stampin' Pad- 153115 - $13

JUST JADE CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

and Rococo Rose Classic Stampin' Pad - 150080 - $13

ROCOCO ROSE CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

This card has many layers to it, The Card base is Just Jade Cardstock - 153084 - $15.25


JUST JADE A4 CARDSTOCK

I added another layer of Just Jade Cardstock - 153084 - $15.25 
which I embossed with Greenery Embossing Folders - 152716 - $14.00,

GREENERY EMBOSSING FOLDERS
 

Coastal Cabana Cardstock - 131302 - $15.25
COASTAL CABANA A4 CARDSTOCK

I have used Rococo Rose Gathered Ribbon - 149457 - $14.75

ROCOCO ROSE 1/2" (1.3 CM) GATHERED RIBBON

AND Lastly I used the BRAND NEW product Gilded Leafing - 154560 - $15.75

GILDED LEAFING



Finally here is the card you have all been dying to see after all that scrolling....LOL

Please join us and create a card or use a card that fits this theme and post your image here
Looking forward to you joining us Cheers Shaz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.