Thursday 22 August 2024

NEW at SU - August Blog Hop - Elevated Embossing

 


Welcome to New at SU! -  Elevated Embossing.
You may have joined me from Angie's Blog

This was such a HUGE challenge, I was trying to do something unique.
BUT once I started searching I realised that Double Embossing
with layers and depth were where I wanted my card to go.

I used Silver Foil and Changing Leaves Hybrid Embossing Folder
As well as the Cross Hatch embossing folder from the Basic Embossing Folder collection.
Night of Navy Cardstock and White Embossing Powder.
AND 2 Silver & White Ribbons.

I started by embossing the Silver Foil within the Changing Leaves Hybrid Embossing Folder with the Dies on the inside.  This Embossing folder has such defined Leaf design and
3 beautifully textured leaves that are die cut.

I chose the Largest leaf to put inside the Cross Hatch embossing folder so that I could get
the look of double embossing on just one of the leaves.

Now to bring it all together...

I layered the embossed layer onto the Night of Navy cardstock and
pieced back in the other 2 leaves that were cut by the die. 
The Largest Leaf that is double embossed layer I chose
to add dimensionals only on a couple of the leaves and the other ones I stuck directly
to the Night of Navy layer.

I also used Embossing powder on my Congratulations sentiment.

Then I added the Night of Navy layer to a Basic White Card layer.
Can I tell you how hard it is to photograph metallic card.
Lastly I added 3 Silver & White Ribbons to the stem.
Silver and White Sheer Ribbon
White Glittered Organdy Ribbon cut the middle to create a thinner ribbon.
AND lastly Silver 1/8" trim combo.




 


Up Next is Rachael Coon

Please be sure to follow the rest of the participants by clicking on the list below.
Hop all the way around and leave some LOVIN' in the form of a comment.

All Supplies used in this project are linked at the end of the post.
These products can be purchased in my
Stampin' Up! ® online store

I want to say a HUGE THANKS to you who visit my blog <3 
I really do appreciate you leaving me some Lovin' in the form of a comment.

Being CREATIVE is not a hobby it is a way of life

Cheers Shaz

6 comments:

  1. I love LOVE that double embossed layer. Gorgeous card, Sharon!! Thanks for sharing this!💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've never done this before! Thanks for sharing how!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful!Love the silver, the double embossing, and the combination with the dark background! Very pretty, and very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anything more elegant than embossed silver?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embossing foil gives so much depth - double fun with two textures. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so much shine! Fabulous technique and I love the silver with the Navy x

    ReplyDelete

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.