Thursday 15 August 2024

Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop - 15th August 2024 - Stencils/Texture Background

 
Sneak Peak





Welcome to Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop - Aug 15th - Stencils/Texture Background.
Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! FB group consists of over 11,000 members.
Some of these are demonstrators from all over the world who all LOVE to scrapbook
and document their everyday lifestyle for generations to enjoy into the future. 

We welcome anyone who wants to be inspired.
We are trying to encourage EVERYONE to join in the HOP's every month.
We prefer that you do have a Blog so that you can join the hop every month.
BUT you don't have to have a blog to participate in these monthly challenges.
You can upload a photo to the Album of the Month after 2pm AEDT.
You can JOIN Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! FB group here


 

Please WELCOME Caz Hurst as our Guest Designer for August.
Caz is from beautiful New Zealand and she is the last of our Guest Designers
for this year.

Caz LOVES to distress her Scrapbooking layouts and grunge it up with
stencils and layering techniques.  I cannot wait to see what she has come up with for
this challenge I am sure it is going to be AMAZING.


 

You may have joined me from Julia Quinn's Blog ,
what an AWESOME layout that Julia created with her own handmade stencils.

I have lots of process photos BUT Blogger/Google is not playing nice and
not allowing me to upload from the computer to my blog. 
So I have upload the photos via my phone which is a PITA.
Sooo more photos will come later.



This theme I was so excited about BUT as usual I always leave everything
until the last minute, like I mean the very last day, hour and minute.
Uploading my final unedited photo at 1.59pm.


So I totally went all out on this layout and added bulk texture using multiple products
from the HUGE range that Stampin' Up! have in the Online Store.

Lots of products and I have only just finished the layout, so my plan is to get some
photographs up here and then I will come back and tell you how I created
this masterpiece...



My Daughter Kirrily even did a photoshoot of her Daughter Eloise especially for me.
Isn't she just the most adorable 20 month that you know <3




Let's talk about the process.
I knew that I wanted to use a photo of Eloise in her 1st Birthday dress.
BUT like I said I asked Kirrily to take some photos this morning for me.

Then I love the little ruffle on the sleeves of the dress. So I wanted to add stitching
to replicate the ruffle.

Lots of texture - Texture Paste, Stitching and Layering of multiple stamped and fussy cut
flowers from the Wildly Flowering designer series paper.

So SEWING was first....lucky it isn't material as I am the world worst straight stitch sewer.
(photos to follow)

Then the only 2 current stencils were the Layers Of Beauty which I own
and Enduring Beauty Decorative Masks which I am borrowing.
Sooo I chose Enduring Beauty and used Stencil 2
to just stencil the leaves with embossing paste and a palette knife
Then cleaned and dried them off straight away otherwise they will be damaged for life.

Once they were dried I used the rest of the stencils to create the floral designs in the
background with Tone on Tone colour palette.
So Wild Wheat on Stencil 1 and 5
Pebbled Path on Stencil 3
Mossy Meadow on Stencil 4 this was over the embossing paste.

Next I did Dottage with Versamark Ink so that it still appeared as if it is was
Wild Wheat ink again.

You all should know how much I LOVE fussy cutting so it would be no surprise
to you all that I cut all the flowers and leaves from the Wildly Flowering
Designer Series Paper which is currently on 15% Sale.

Using some of the DSP again I created corners for the photo to sit on.
Then stitched around them too.

I chose Early Espresso for the Mat behind my 5" x 7" photo
and I printed the photo in Black and White.




I felt like it needed some more foliage so I Textured Floral Stamp and Dies
and Thoughtful Wishes Dies to add more layers...
Lastly I added another layer of Early Espresso behind the Wild Wheat
which I also distressed.

Lastly I added some Enamel Dot Essential around the layout.

I have lots more photos BUT Blogger is not being nice.




Up next is Cheryl Taylor, she has created her layout with handmade stencils.
This will be truly unique.

I hope that you enjoy all the different layouts that have been created today.
We will be back again NEXT Month on 19th Sept with a FUN theme.

Please be sure to follow the
rest of the participants by clicking on the list below.
Hop all the way around and leave some LOVIN' in the form of a comment.

All Supplies used in this project are linked at the end of the post.
These products can be purchased in my
Stampin' Up! ® online store

I want to say a HUGE THANKS to you who visit my blog <3 
I really do appreciate you leaving me some Lovin' in the form of a comment.

Being CREATIVE is not a hobby it is a way of life

Cheers Shaz



7 comments:

  1. Love your page and your little grandy is the sweetest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtenay, It was a FUN layout to make with your interaction from AFAR... Cheers Shaz

      Delete
  2. what an amazing page Sharon, so much texture with those flowers. Love it Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina, I absolutely LOVED creating this layout so much so that I think I will make another one <3
      Cheers Shaz

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhh wow - this is just AMAZING!! Wow wow wow - looove all the texture and layering and the sewing and the inking over the top of the masking - such clever and fantastic ideas!! You always inspire me!! Love it all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Enduring Beauty stencil works perfectly with this DSP & love how the embossing paste fits in so perfectly with the colours of the DSP & your photo, without being so overwhelming. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing layout for a gorgeous grandchild. So much to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.