Thursday 18 January 2024

Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop - Men In Our Lives

 

 




 

 

Welcome to Scrapbooking Global - Jan 18 Blog Hop - Men In Your Life
This year we are trying something completely NEW...
We asked members of our group of over 6K+ members from
Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! to become designers for the next 8 months.

We are trying to encourage EVERYONE to join in the HOP's every month.
We prefer that you do have a Blog so that you can join the hop every month.
BUT you don't have to have a blog to participate in these monthly challenges
by submitting a photo to the Album of the Month after 2pm AEDT.

You can JOIN Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! FB group here

 

So our 1st Guest Designer of the Month is Tina Parsons, 
Tina creates Beautiful scrapbooking layouts and uploads
them to our group regularly and now she is participating in our Blog Hop.
You can follow Tina here on Instagram





 Tina's Theme is Men In Your Life

 Men In Our Life is such a great theme, one that I am often creating believe it or not.
This layout is for my Son's Wedding Album.  He only got married in Oct 23.
Jeffrey is my eldest child and he is such a WONDERFUL Human being.
He has the most beautiful soul.

This layout is a bit of a mix up of a lot of products from both
the Annual Catalogue and the Jan - Apr Mini Catalogue.
I am participating in an Insta HOP tomorrow with Monochromatic Colours
and the colour is Boho Blue one of our NEW InColors and I thought I should
use that colour for this layout.  Sooo it is very Blue with a splash of Black,
the many tones of Boho Blue.



I would call this style of scrapbooking - Grungy. Layers of ink, embossing pastes
and torn or shabby edges on our papers and cardstock.

Firstly I layed down some Boho Blue Ink over the houndstooth mask (retired)
with a blending brushing making sure that I added lots of depths of ink.
Layering it thickly and thinly in different places.

Then I added some Shimmery White Embossing Paste over a circle mask (retired)
this brings the Boho Blue Ink into the paste and turns to a shade of Boho Blue Ink.


 

I used Notes of Nature stamp sets to create the background stamping.
Once again using the ink on the stamp to add 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation stamping.
Basically it just means by stamping more than once you get a different colour ink.




I used 2 different Designer Series Paper for my DSP elements on the layout.
Fresh As A Daisy 12" x 12" DSP - 23 - 24 Annual Catalogue
Poetic Expressions 12" x 12" DSP - Jan - Apr 2024 Mini

Also used several sets of dies to add elements to my layout.
Alphabet A La Mode Dies
Wanted To Say Dies
Radiating Stitches Dies

The other thing that I add right at the end of my creating process where
some of the cards from Sweet Thoughts Memories & More Cards.
I LOVE adding these to my scrapbooking layouts and they are really
cool to make quick and easy cards with too.
I chopped into one card and used both sides of it.
I also used one of the stickers as well.




 My layout also included some black and white ribbon that just
finished it off I believe.
 

 


 Follow the rest of the participants by clicking on the list below.
Glad that you could HOP along with us today following the
Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! - Jan 18th Blog Hop.





 I want to say a HUGE THANKS to you who visit my blog and comment it really means a lot to me.  I really do appreciate you leaving me some Lovin' in the form of a comment.

Cheers Shaz
 


6 comments:

  1. OOoh I love your page - so much amazing texture and interest - so much WORK!! And I really do love that we both used the memories and more cards - but look at the difference and versatility!! Totally amazing. Just such a great page!! And a wonderful event to celebrate!! Love Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing page, great grunge layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top page Shaz - great colour combo as well. I love the Alphabet Ah La Mode dies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the dimention and texture you gave it with all the detailed stamping, masking and embossing paste. Very cool layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I how your page especially how you did your background especially how you have used coloured embossing paste. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.